At this year’s Talking Galleries symposium in Barcelona, the debates boiled down to a few core issues. Here they are:
1. The Scale and Pace of the Gallery Sector Have Become Cancerous for Many.
2. Different Tiers of Galleries Are Now Playing Different Games With Different Rules.
3. The Art Industry Must Break Out of Its Silos and Create “an Ecosystem of Exchange.”
4. Lack of Transparency Is Undermining Everyone, But Especially the More Modest Tiers of the Business.
5. Attracting New Audiences Will Be Crucial—But Doing So Will Require Uncomfortable Changes.
READ ON …